- Research Staff: Offer an experienced, high performing, full-time research staff that encompasses a diverse set of technical skills and capabilities.
- Faculty: Look to faculty to augment and enhance TCAT’s expertise and capabilities.
- Technology: Target multi-disciplinary applied projects that center on developing technology-oriented solutions to address a targeted need or challenge.
- Customers: Maintain a diverse customer base from federal, state, and private industry and non-profit organizations.
- Collaborations: Establish well-formed and long-term multidisciplinary collaborations that can lead to larger and longer-term funding.
- Services: Provide a range of technical services that range from operational analysis to rapid prototyping and full product development.
- Scope: TCAT begins by understanding a customer’s problem through formal knowledge acquisition and requirements engineering processes.
- Rapid Prototyping: Technical experts then collaborate with domain experts to design and develop technology-oriented solutions.
- Development Team: A development team is formed based on the specific needs of a problem, and external faculty and researchers can be pulled when needed.
- Customer Involvement: A customer-focused approach is utilized throughout a project, ensuring responsiveness and adapting as necessary to ensure overall success.
- Agile Development: Solution development is done in an agile and incremental fashion, obtaining customer feedback at regular points throughout the process and adapting performance and delivery as needed.
- Modular Frameworks: Whenever possible, modular and extensible frameworks are developed that can support potential re-use across different contexts and problem domains..
- Quality Solutions: High quality, pragmatic solutions are delivered that address a customer’s need, and provide training, maintenance, and ongoing support as necessary.