The security and resiliency of our energy supply against natural disasters and man-made threats is a high priority within TCAT. We look for ways to protect our national and economic security through a diverse supply and dependable delivery of electricity and fuel. We envision an energy delivery system that is secure, resilient and reliable. The current system brings electricity into our homes and offices. Therefore, continuous and reliable energy supplies, and the restoration and recovery of supplies when preventive measures fail, are imperative.
We apply ourselves to grid reliability by assessing the strength of the country’s current grid. We look for congestion in the transmission system and research ways to alleviate them. We study the impact of power outages and real-time measure of efficiency. We look for ways to monitor the quality and reliability of the power supply and identify technology needed for future Smart Grids.
Development of Smart Grid technology and a modernized transmission system is always forefront in our minds but we also work to ensure accessibility to a variety of energy sources for generation, including renewable energy resources. We promote a low-carbon environment.
- TCAT Core Competencies
- Mission Verde Center
- Mission Verde Center @ Cooper, San Antonio, Texas
- Education Centered Border Wind Energy
- AdVE™--Advanced Vapor Compression Evaporation Desalination Technology
- Energy Assessments
- Low-Air Emission, Renewable Energy Powered Mobile Micro-Grid Installations for Border Colonias
- Temporary Power Border Colonias through Hybrid Mobile Micro-Grid On-Demand Power
- Training Program for Commercial Building Equipment Technicians
- Micro-Grid Training and Demonstration System
- Metal Hydride Cycle--Electricity Generation from Waste Heat
- Building End-Use Energy Efficiency Research Whole Building and Envelope
- Facility Assessment Database/Tool
- Metal Hydride Cycle - Electricity Generation from Waste Heat